5.24.2010

LOST: The End.

The LOST finale was like a good chunk of the whole series. Characters: great. Powerful moments: ridiculously great. Throwback moments: deliriously enjoyable. Storyline: a little dicey.

I thought the finale was off-the-charts phenomenal until the last few minutes. The highs still greatly outweighed the ambiguity, and the episode still felt right and satisfied on the whole, with a slight aftertaste that wasn't bitter as much as perplexing. But I've always enjoyed LOST more for the characters than the Byzantine plot. If you wanted questions answered, I suspect you were severly disappointed, even angry.

In some ways, LOST reflects life. We don't always get answers, at least not ones we want, and I accept that.

Au revoir to LOST, my favorite television show ever.

No comments: